I started by adding to my gemfile:
1 2 3
Then to configure guard, I ran:
1 2 3
So I went and ran the guard executable, only to see failures in both RSpec and Cucumber!
After much research, I found that my data was persisting between tests for some reason. I had the database_cleaner gem, so I didn’t understand why. I eventually found a line in both /spec/spec_helper.rb and /features/support/env.rb showing:
Everything seemed to work correctly when I changed it to (in both places):
I’m not exactly sure why this works. Maybe the transaction method doesn’t work well with sqlite, but it did manage to fix me up.